The Portland Trail Blazers (10-9) will look to Damian Lillard (third in the league scoring 28.9 points per game) when they attempt to knock off Bradley Beal (sixth in the NBA with 34.9 PPG) and the Washington Wizards (4-12 on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at Capital One Arena. The Trail Blazers are 2-point road underdogs in the matchup, which tips at 8:00 PM ET on NBCS-DC. The matchup has an over/under set at 240.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of February 1, 2021, 11:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Wizards vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Injury Report as of February 2
Raul Neto: Out (Groin),
Thomas Bryant: Out For Season (Left knee)
Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist),
Derrick Jones Jr.: Out (Foot),
CJ McCollum: Out (Left foot),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Trail Blazers (+2)|
|Total Pick||Under (240.5)|
|Prediction||Trail Blazers 118, Wizards 116|
The data strongly suggests betting on the Trail Blazers in this one. The model favors them while William Hill has the Wizards favored and the difference between the two is 4.1 points.
The William Hill point total for this game is just 5.8 points highter than the model projection.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Wizards Key Players
Trail Blazers Key Players
|Gary Trent Jr.||17||12.4||1.6||1.0||0.6||0.2||2.8|
- The Wizards make 46.1% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.5 percentage points lower than the Trail Blazers have allowed to their opponents (47.6%).
- Washington has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 3-4 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.6% from the field.
- Portland has a 5-4 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall when allowing its opponents to hit more than 46.1% of their shots from the field.
- The Trail Blazers have shot at a 44% rate from the field this season, 5.1 percentage points below the 49.1% shooting opponents of the Wizards have averaged.
- Portland has compiled a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 straight up record in games it shoots over 49.1% from the field.
- This season, Washington has a 0-3 record against the spread and a 0-3 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 44% from the field.
- The Wizards’ 35.9% three-point shooting percentage this season is only 1.9 percentage points lower than opponents of the Trail Blazers have shot from deep (37.8%).
- Washington has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 2-4 record overall when the team connects on more than 37.8% of its three-point attempts.
- Portland has put up a 5-2 against the spread while going 5-2 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 35.9% from deep.
- The Trail Blazers are hitting 37.5% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only 1.3 percentage points fewer than the 38.8% the Wizards’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Portland is 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when shooting above 38.8% as a team from three-point range.
- Washington is 4-5 ATS and 2-7 overall in games it shoots above 37.5% from deep.
- The Wizards connect on 12.1 three-pointers per game this season, 3.8 fewer made shots on average than the 15.9 per game the Trail Blazers give up.
- Portland is 7-5 against the spread and 8-4 overall when it makes more three-pointers than its opponents, while Washington is 4-7 ATS and 2-9 straight up in games when it is out-shot from deep.
- The Wizards are the 19th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Trail Blazers allow the 26th-fewest makes from deep.
Wizards vs Trail Blazers Stat Rankings
|Wizards Rank||Wizards AVG||Trail Blazers AVG||Trail Blazers Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from