The Miami Heat (0-1) host the New Orleans Pelicans (1-0) for a Christmas Day battle at American Airlines Arena, tipping off at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN. The Pelicans are underdogs. The point total is for the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of December 24, 2020, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 24
Gabe Vincent: Out (Right knee)
Will Magnay: Out (Not With Team),
Wenyen Gabriel: Out (Right knee)
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Heat Key Players
Pelicans Key Players
- The Heat made 46.6% of their shots from the field last season, which was 0.1 percentage points higher than the Pelicans allowed to their opponents (46.5%).
- Miami went 32-8-2 against the spread and 35-7 overall when it shot better than 46.5% from the field.
- New Orleans’ record was 24-14 against the spread and 23-15 overall when its opponents made more than 46.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Pelicans shot 46.5% from the field, 1.6% higher than the 44.9% the Heat’s opponents shot last season.
- New Orleans went 24-15-2 against the spread and 23-18 overall when it shot higher than 44.9% from the field.
- Last season, Miami had a 40-17-2 record against the spread and a 45-15 straight up record when it allowed opponents to shoot above 46.5% from the field.
- The Heat’s 37.4% three-point shooting percentage last season was only 1.3 percentage points higher than opponents of the Pelicans shot from deep (36.1%).
- Miami assembled a 40-14-2 record against the spread and a 44-12 straight-up record in games last season when the team hit more than 36.1% of its three-point shots.
- New Orleans put up a 25-15-1 against the spread while going 22-19 overall in games last season when its opponents shot better than 37.4% from downtown.
- The Pelicans shot 37% from three-point distance last season. That’s only 2.3 percentage points higher than the Heat allowed their opponents to shot from deep (34.7%).
- New Orleans went 29-17-2 ATS and 26-22 overall when the team hit more than 34.7% of its three-point attempts.
- Miami had a 43-19-3 ATS record and a 48-17 straight-up record last season when it made more than 37% of its three-point attempts.
- The Heat connected on 13.3 three-pointers per game last season, just 0.3 fewer makes per game than the Pelicans allowed (13.6).
- New Orleans went 28-13-2 against the spread and 25-18 overall when it connected on more three-pointers than its opponents, while Miami went 15-29-1 ATS and 18-28 straight up in games when it was out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Pelicans made the fifth-most three-pointers in the league a season ago, while the Heat gave up the 24th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Heat vs Pelicans Stat Rankings
|Heat Rank||Heat AVG||Pelicans AVG||Pelicans Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from