- The No. 5 Georgia Bulldogs have -150 odds to beat the No. 8 Florida Gators.
- The No. 1 Clemson Tigers will play against the No. 4 Notre Dame Fighting without their starting quarterback and Heisman Trophy frontrunner, Trevor Lawrence.
- The Seattle Seahawks are 7-1 ATS in their previous 8 road games when playing against a team that has a winning record.
TAMPA, Fla. – Football bettors are in for a treat this weekend as multiple college football games come with huge College Football Playoff implications. The very next day there is a prime NFL game to bet on where true Super Bowl contenders will show themselves.
Legal sports betting sites will have their hands full on Saturday afternoon when the Georgia Bulldogs take on the Florida Gators and on Saturday night when the Clemson Tigers take on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. On Sunday, the Buffalo Bills look to take a major win against the Seattle Seahawks.
Even though all eyes will be on these games, there is hidden value on the sportsbooks when looking close enough.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators Betting Odds
- Moneyline: Bulldogs (-150) Gators (+130)
- Spread: Bulldogs -3 (-110)
- O/U: 52.5
The SEC East will have a new frontrunner after Saturday’s matchup between the Gators and Bulldogs. The winner of this game will certainly be back in contention to snag the fourth playoff spot in the CFP.
Over the week the spread has shifted from 2.5 all the way up to 4.5 before settling on 3.0 in favor of Georgia.
Those looking to bet on spread should know that the Bulldogs are 9-1 ATS in their previous 10 neutral site games when they’re coming into the game as the favorite. The favorite is also 5-0 against the spread in these team’s last five meetings. They are also 9-2 in their last 11 games after coming off an ATS loss.
When going off of history, all signs point to Georgia covering the spread.
The Over/Under tells a bit of a contradicting story. The Over is 4-0 in the Gators last four games after winning straight up. But the Under has hit five out of the last six times that Georgia comes into a game after an ATS loss.
Bettors may want to fade the O/U for this game and stick with an ATS win for the Bulldogs.
Betting Clemson Tigers vs. Notre Dame Odds
- Moneyline: Clemson (-210) Notre Dame (+175)
- Spread: Clemson -6 (-105)
- O/U: 50 (-110)
The odds for Clemson show just how much sportsbooks and sports bettors respect the prowess of the program. The Tigers will be without their Heisman Trophy Candidate quarterback, Trevor Lawrence, and are still favored at -210 on the moneyline.
However, CFB bettors who are fishing for an upset might want to keep their eyes on this matchup. Last week, the Clemson Tigers faced off against the Boston College Eagles and narrowly escaped them at home.
The Tigers were led by their star running back, Travis Etienne who finished the game with 84 yards rushing, 140 yards receiving, and two touchdowns.
Notre Dame, however, comes in with the eighth-ranked defense in the country. It’s the toughest defense the Tigers have faced all season and will be honing in on Etienne to neutralize him. Without the threat of Lawrence throwing over the top, picking Notre Dame to cover the spread or to win straight up wouldn’t be farfetched.
As a matter of fact, the Fighting Irish are 5-0 against the spread the last five times they’ve entered a home game as an underdog.
Seattle Seahawks vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds
- Moneyline: Seattle Seahawks (-160) Buffalo Bills (+140)
- Spread: Seattle Seahawks -3 (-115)
- O/U: 55
The Seahawks vs. Bills are easily the most interesting game put on the 1 p.m. EST slate. Both teams feature MVP caliber quarterbacks and this game could very well be a Super Bowl sneak peek for those betting on the NFL.
The Seahawks are coming into this matchup as the road favorites but not without their flaws. The Seahawks have been horrible in their pass defense all season. The Buffalo Bills, meanwhile, have folded when playing top tier teams such as the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tennessee Titans.
Some notable trends include the Seahawks coming into the game with a 7-1 record ATS in their last eight road games against a team above .500. The Over is also 4-0 in the Seahawks last four games against a team with a winning record.
This game is expected to be a shootout in a duel between Russell Wilson and Josh Allen. Look for the Over trend to continue in this matchup. With a spread as small as this one, you can most likely count on the Seahawks to cover as well.
News tags: Buffalo Bills | Clemson Tigers | College Football | College Football Playoffs | Florida Gators | Georgia Bulldogs | Kyle Trask | Notre Dame Fighting Irish | Russell Wilson | Seattle Seahawks
– In his career, Hasan has worked both local and state government positions—including the Attorney General’s Office in Florida. On top of being familiar with the legislative process, he has also been researching and writing on the legality of sports betting across the US. Outside of work you’ll most likely find him producing or playing music, playing sports, or working on creative writing projects. You’ll also catch him at Doak Campbell Stadium cheering on the Noles.